The ZOC telnet client, secure shell client and terminal emulator lets you to easily connect to hosts and mainframes via telnet, secure shell (SSH/SSH2) modem, serial cable or isdn.
ZOC's well designed user interface, its impressive list of emulations, logging and automation features allow you to manage your connections faster and more efficiently.
Terminal Emulator Description
ZOC is a powerful and well-established terminal emulator and telnet client, is known for its configurability and outstanding user interface. The purpose of the program is to let you access character based hosts using telnet, modem, Secure Shell (SSH/SSH2), ISDN and most other means of communication. It can be used to connect to Unix/Linux hosts and shell accounts, BBS's, IBM mainframes (via TN3270 or TN5250), internet muds or devices attached to the serial port of your computer.
ZOC features tabbed sessions and extensive functions like a typed command history, scrollback, multiple window support and others. This makes it the ideal tool for people needing to access text based shell accounts from a Windows or Mac OS X platform. With ZOC's support for the Linux (Xterm) emulation, complete with full colors, meta-keys and local printing, Linux admins will feel as though they are sitting at their native consoles and if you are working with the Cisco CLI this is your tool.
ZOC also supports vt102, vt220 and several types of ansi as well as Wyse, TVI, TN3270, and Sun's CDE. ZOC also utilises all main file transfer protocols, including X-, Y- and Zmodem as well as Kermit and many others. All of which are offered in a flexible and intuitive interface that leaves absolutely nothing to be desired.
ZOC is also highly configurable. As well as the standard terminal features such as keyboard redefinition and scroll back buffer it also offers some more advanced and unique features including a powerful scripting language, and automatic triggering of actions based on received or typed text or a line trace feature.
Terminal Emulator Features
* Tabbed sessions
* Overview screen to show thumbnails of all open sessions
* "Colorful tabs" feature to tint user interface elements with different colors depending on which host is connected
* Host directory (with full option set for each entry and automatic login)
* User button bar to map texts, scripts, phone book entries, external protocols and shell commands to buttons (incl. button assistant)
* F-Macro keys for texts, scripts, phone book entries, external shell commands, etc.
* Local typing (entry field with history e.g. to type commands)
* Completely remappable keyboard
* Various logging and scroll back functions
* Keyboard mode for bbs door programs (doorway mode)
* Secure Shell (SSH V1/V2) with public/private key authentication and port forwarding (tunneling)
* Telnet (RFC-Telnet, pure TCP sockets, SSL-Telnet)
* Modem via serial port and TAPI (Windows modem)
* ISDN via CAPI V2.0 (including X.25 and X.31 support)
* File transfer via Ascii, Xmodem, Ymodem, Zmodem, Kermit, SCP
* Data trace on device level (user dump and binary mode)
* Translation of inbound/outbound characters
* Linux (Xterm) console-like (including UTF8, colors and full keyboard)
* Xterm emulation with mouse support (e.g. for use with Midnight Commander)
* VT52, VT100, VT102, VT220 (complete implementation incl. print through, keyboard and ANSI colors)
* ANSI-BBS, ANSI-SCO, Avatar
* IBM like TN3270 and TN5250
* QNX V4
* Wyse 30, 50, 60
* TVI 9xx (TVI 920, TVI 925, TVI 950)
* Full support for line graphics when using any font
* AutoLogin (recorded login procedures from the host directory)
* REXX language for scripting (fully featured programming language with over 75 extensions to control the terminal emulator)
* DDE support allows ZOC to act as a communication server (Windows)
* AppleScript support with access to all internal script commands (Mac OS X)
* AutoMacros (text/functions invoked by typing certain text)
* AutoReplies (text/functions invoked by receiving certain text)
* Runs on Windows 9x/ME/NT4/2000/2003/2008XP/Vista
* Version 6.xx also available for Mac OS X (10.4. Tiger or higher)
* Version 4.xx also available for OS/2
* Version 5.12 or later also run under Linux WINE
* Low use of resources (5 MB disk space, runs well on anything upward from a Pentium II with 128 MB)
* LAN installation (LAN licensing and shared installations)
* Administrator friendly (can be preconfigured and/or functionally restricted)
* Fully 32-bit multithreaded program
* Complete online documentation
* Uninstall program
32-bit or 64-bit Windows platform or Mac OS X Tiger or higher (Intel or PPC)