WinAce - because sometimes, size does matter...
When you want to compress your files, you should be looking for a tool that offers excellent performance in three categories:
* compression ratio
* compression speed
A compression tool that crunches the last free bit from your data, but takes twice to ten times longer for compressing and - even worse - for extracting your data probably will not work for you - or your customers.
On the other hand, a compression tool that deflates your files as quick as lightning but leaves a lot of "air" in the compressed file will not take you far either.
So you are most likely looking for a versatile tool that
* blends both compression speed and power in an intuitive interface
* gives you quick and convenient access to your archives during your everyday work
* but also allows you to use all the extra features for professional file distribution
- like password protection, disk-spanning archives or the possibility to create self-extracting archives?
Well, look no further. We would like to invite you to take a closer look at WinAce, the new companion for your archiving needs.
WinAce is not just another archiving shell. With it's own powerful compression format ACE and built-in support for other popular compression types like ZIP, RAR and MS-CAB (to name a few), WinAce could actually become the only archiver you need.
The feature list of WinAce includes:
* compression of the following formats: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, JAVA JAR
* decompression of: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
* multi-volume (disk spanning) archives for ACE, ZIP, CAB
* self-extracting archives (SFX) for ACE and ZIP
* password encryption & recovery records for data protection
* Integrity check for ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
* Repair functionality for ACE and ZIP archives
* Authenticity verification for ACE archives
* comment files in HTML, ANSI or ASCII for ACE- and ZIP-Archives
* full command line access (compatible with DOS ACE)
* detailed information for all archive types
* Quickviewer for graphic files, Word Documents, HTML pages and ASCII files
* full drag&drop support
* complete file-management (copying, moving and deleting of files and directories)
* optimization of existing archives
* access to your archives in Windows Explorer and via the context menu (shell extension)
* table of contents in the "Properties" panel of ACE and ZIP files (shell extension)