Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Pro - a powerful text-processing workbench that combines 300+ conversion, transformation, extraction and report mining operations on UNLIMITED text or binary files of UNLIMITED size. Text mine / extract data from mainframe EBCDIC COBOL copybooks, data historians, log files, XML, HTML, delimited files. Upload Data Historian time-series data to Azure Event Hub or Azure IoT Hub. EasyPattern or perl-style regular expression search and replace. Use restrictions to control precisely where changes occur e.g. line or column ranges, XML and HTML tags and attributes, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match/do not match a pattern etc e.g. find and replace just inside the ALT text of an IMG tag, or columns 20-40 of lines 1-10). Convert files between mainframe and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. TextPipe can be scripted from any language using COM or automated from the command-line. Generate and modify XML, CSV, tab-delimited or fixed width database extracts. User-defined filters can be written in VBScript or JScript. TextPipe comes with an Engine that can be embedded in other applications. Audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 200 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual. Winner SIA 'Best Application' award
* Transparent to the end user - they need not know that TextPipe is there
* Speed - the Engine is faster than TextPipe Pro (reasons below)
* No graphical user interface (GUI), which makes it smaller and faster
* No logging - so no extra files to clutter your customer's machine. This also makes it smaller and faster
* Run existing filters
* Create and run new filters on the fly
* Can be fully embedded in your application.
Documentation is included in the download, see readme.doc.
The COM interface is fully documented in the TextPipe Pro help (see Advanced/COM interface). There is only one key difference - you create a TextPipeEngine.Application object rather than a TextPipe.Application object.
Changelog for this release:
* Fixed proxy port not being available.
* Fixed JSON files being saved in ANSI mode.