TCC/LE is the free version of our basic Windows command shell (formerly known as 4NT), for students and home users. We sold hundreds of thousands of copies of this product at $74.95. TCC/LE is a replacement for CMD (the default Windows command prompt). TCC/LE is a superset of the CMD commands, and works with your existing command prompt windows, command line programs, and batch files. But TCC/LE offers a big step up in capabilities, with 111 commands, 240 variables and functions, and thousands of features you won\'t find in CMD.
The \"Command Prompt\" shortcut in Windows is a Windows console (character mode) session that runs the default Windows command processor CMD.EXE (also called the \"command shell\"). It executes the commands you enter at the command prompt and runs simple batch files (text files with a .BAT or .CMD extension). Unfortunately, the Windows command shell has always been seriously lacking in even the most elementary features compared to the shells available in other operating systems such as Linux (which has bash, tcsh, zsh, etc.). And CMD hasn\'t changed significantly since its first appearance in Windows NT 3.1 (released in 1993). Because of the numerous limitations inherent in CMD, users have often been forced to use the GUI for inappropriate tasks, or to write programs (for example, using C++ or Visual Basic) to perform simple tasks that CMD should have been able to handle.
TCC/LE is our introductory product for students and home users. For over 20 years, JP Software has been helping developers, system administrators, technical support professionals, and advanced users save time and money, and ease their command prompt frustrations. TCC/LE provides you with thousands of features that are not available in CMD (or even in those vaunted Linux shells).
- TCC/LE is a complete CMD replacement, and is compatible with your existing Windows command prompt and CMD batch files, while adding thousands of new features.
- The familiar environment means you are immediately more productive with your everyday tasks.
- TCC/LE\'s consistent command syntax reduces your learning and development time.
- The comprehensive help speeds your development and reduces syntax errors.
- TCC/LE is available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish. (Online help is currently in English only.)
- The TCC/LE scripting language is a large superset of CMD, with 111 commands, 140 functions and 97 internal variables.
- The scripting language includes a complete set of flow control structures including IF-Then-Else, DO and FOR loops, SWITCH, subroutines, etc.
- Almost all of the CMD commands (e.g. DIR, COPY, DEL, etc.) are substantially enhanced, with hundreds of additional options.
- TCC/LE includes multiple types of redirection, including redirecting and piping to STDERR, and TEE and Y pipe fittings.
- You can redefine your commands with aliases, and assign frequently used commands to a single keystroke.
- The enhanced command line editor provides command line and directory history, filename and directory completion, and advanced cut and paste options.
- The built-in text and binary file viewer includes bidirectional scrolling, advanced search, and print capabilities.
- Send keystrokes to any window (command prompt or GUI).
- Select or exclude files by date, time, size, and extended wildcards or regular expressions for extraordinary flexibility in file management.
- You can specify multiple filenames for most of the TCC/LE file processing commands (i.e., COPY, DEL, DIR, MOVE, etc.).
- Find and navigate to any directory on your system by entering only part of its name with extended directory searches.
- Create your own variables or commands with plugins, or choose from the many third-party plugin libraries available.
Changelog for this release:
- The batch debugger editor and command input editor have been upgraded to a major new version.
- Added the feedback tab to the web help pages.
- BDEBUGGER - Added the Ctrl-F3, F3, and Shift-F3 keys (find next / find prev).
128Mb RAM, 10MB free disk space