So What is a tag?
A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching.
Tagging was popularized by websites associated with Web 2.0 and is an important feature of many Web 2.0 services.
We have developed a Windows based utility which brings the tagging paradigm to the desktop.
Up until now the traditional method of finding a file was based around remembering where exactly the file lived on your computer or knowing at least some part if not all of the file name to perform a search for it.
With Taggtool you simply need to remember roughly what the file is about, for instance an insurance quote file could be tagged as 'insurance, travel, quote'.
The file can then be viewed by simply entering one or more of the tags associated with it into the Taggtool search widget.
Top 10 Ways to use Taggtool
- Import existing Microsoft Office files, you can then search metadata such as Author and Subject.
- Add meaningful tags to your digital photo's.
- Create a searchable database of magazine cover disc content.
- Add tags to educational material such as assignments, essays and reference articles.
- Search your Delicious bookmarks from the desktop.
- Add tags to file shortcuts for quick searching and launching of files and applications.
- Add tags to your sound sample libraries.
- Add tags to files on a shared network drive to improve file sharing between users.
- Add tags to your video clips
- Add tags to business documents such as contracts, quotes and invoices.
Changelog for this release:
Fixed Bug #109: Tag tree view and tag library sort order no longer case sensitive.
Fixed Bug #105: Running rule against fresh files was ignoring the directory specified in the rule, now fixed.
Fixed Bug #104: Delicious integration - Tag bundles were showing duplicates, now fixed.
Fixed Bug #102: Fresh files grid was resizing after each save, it now retains any column size changes made.
30 days trial period