ShortKeys is a text replacement utility to insert blocks of text into other applications by simply typing a few user defined keystrokes. Anytime a user defined keystroke combination is typed, it is substituted with the replacement text.
Save Time! Automate tedious and repetitive typing. Type faster and reduce errors. Type a few characters and ShortKeys replaces them with words, phrases or paragraphs of text. You will be amazed by the amount of time ShortKeys saves.
Countless Uses. If you find yourself typing the same thing over and over again, then this product is for you.
ShortKeys is incredibly easy to use. You can be up and running in minutes - already saving time and eliminating typing drudgery. Our video tutorials provide quick examples of how to use the program. Or dive right in by downloading now and trying it out.
* Create an unlimited number of files.
* Load more than one macro file at a time.
* Create virtually an unlimited number of shortkeys (Text and Text Replacements) per file.
* Include up to 65,536 characters of text per shortkey replacement.
* Network option with File Locking capability.
* Sort shortkeys into categories.
* Import and export shortkeys.
* Automatic file backup options.
* ShortKeys 3 introduces new productivity enhancing features
* Use a one or two character Prefix Key to initiate the playback of a shortkey. Or Use the Suffix Key option of Space or Enter to trigger the ShortKey playback.
* Allow additional punctuation keys to trigger the ShortKey.
* Retype the suffix key after the replacement text has been inserted.
* Invoke a "hint mode" window to notify of an impending text replacement.
* Create suffix/gerund endings such as -ing, -ed, -ment, etc. for replacement text words.
Other Playback Options
* Send the replacement text either through the keyboard or via the clipboard.
* Set the speed of characters typed when sending keystrokes through the keyboard.
* Pause the playback to allow for manual entry. Resume with a key press.
* Capitalize the first letter of the replacement text if the first letter of the shortkey typed is capitalized.
* Add timed delays to the text playback.
* Require that the shortkey be input exactly (i.e. upper and lower case sensitive).
* Allow macros to play back in all programs or limit to a specific window or windows.
Additional Characters and Keystrokes
* Include symbols or international characters in text replacements.
* Insert current, past or future dates in text replacements.
* Insert the TAB, Enter or any of the Arrow keys to the playback of a shortkey.
* Insert the current time into text replacements.
* Spell Checker (American and British) available for proofing Replacement Text.
15 MB disk space