Optimize your company\'s workflow by sending detailed, fully-customizable alert e-mails and SMS messages to users whenever an item is created, modified, or deleted. Any new content is highlighted in the notification, saving you time by making the important points easier to find, and e-mail and SMS reminders are automatically sent at customizable intervals to remind employees before deadlines arrive.
1. SharePoint2007 \"Alert Me\" sends email notification when list item content is created, modified or deleted. But it is function-limited when applied in a complex enterprise environment. For instance, if you want the assignees on a task list get notification when they are assigned to a task, with SharePoint \"Alert Me\", you have to add \"Alert Me\" on every single task item, and every time when assignee changes, a modification of \"Alert Me\" setting is needed.
SharePoint Alert Reminder Boost resolves this problem by setting user/group field columns as sending targets. As a result, in addition to sending emails to specific existing SharePoint users/groups, the workflows can also send emails to user/group field columns, including \"Created By\", \"Modified By\" etc. inner columns and other users/groups columns like, \"Manager\". Furthermore, sending targets can be email addresses,email columns, and AD users or groups who are not in SharePoint site. For instance, in a customer issue list, if you would like to send emails to customer when his (her) issue is solved, you could add SharePoint Alert Boost workflow on this list and configure the sending targets as \"Customer Email\" column.
2. If SharePoint users want to send reminder emails for upcoming deadlines, overdue item, or change of item status, SharePoint \"Alert Me\" cannot provide such function. With SharePoint Reminder Boost, these requirements can be fulfilled.
3. Sending condition is much powerful with SharePoint Alert Reminder Boost. It supports expressions using functions, operators and columns of the list.
4. SharePoint Alert Reminder Boost can customize email contents.Email subject can also be customized with your own text and column placeholders.
Changelog for this release:
- Supports Simplified Chinese.
- Cannot import/export settings when updating from version 1.x;
- Cannot access \"Send To\" users in the German version;
- Occasionally cannot save the settings.
SharePoint 2010 & 2007, WSS3.0, MOSS2007