R-Word is Microsoft Word Document Recovery software designed to recover corrupted Microsoft Word documents. R-Word extracts text even from heavily damaged *.doc files and never deletes from disk, writes to, or modifies the original document files when performs any operation including Microsoft Word document recovery. The recovered documents can be saved as Word *.doc or plain text *.txt files. R-Word supports automatic or manual search for Word documents on all (including network) disks visible by the host operating system.
* Searching for Microsoft Word documents:
R-Word searches for Word documents and adds them to its Tree View automatically. Word documents also can be added manually.
* Document recovery:
A Word document file can be recovered by double-clicking the selected file. The file content is displayed in the Full document tab as a Word document (the Word app must be installed) and can be saved by R-Word's registered version either as a Word document or as a plain-text file. If the original *.doc file is damaged, R-Word extracts text from that file and displays it in the Text document tab; then the text can be saved as either a Word document or a plain-text file.
* Standard Windows Explorer-style interface.
* Host OS: Win98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista.
* Supported *.doc file formats: Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP/2003.
* Automatic or manual search for Word documents. R-Word searches for Word documents on all (even network) disks connected to the host operating system.
* Recovered documents may be viewed and saved either as fully formatted Word documents or as plain-text files.
* R-Word extracts text from heavily damaged *.doc files.
At least 32 MB of RAM, a mouse, and enough disk space for recovered files, image