PolarView is an efficient, user friendly marine navigation chart planner and GRIB weather viewer. Available for Apple Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux systems, it provides consistent user experience with native interface look and feel. Best of all, it's free!
* A full-featured viewer for S57 and S63 vector ENC charts and BSB raster charts
* Complete passage planning with on-chart visual editing of waypoints and routes
* Compatible with all major navigation and GPS software through industry standard GPX data files
* A full featured GRIB weather viewer (Isobaric pressure/wave/wind)
* Built-in free download of GRIB data using NOAA NCEP GFS and NWW3 models
* Built-in vector world base map
* High quality fast graphics in "day" and "night" modes
* Object information linked to Google Maps location with a single click
PolarView supports free S57 ENC charts from NOAA and inland ENC charts from US Army Corps of Engineers.
PolarView supports raster charts in BSB format, including free BSB charts from NOAA
S63 charts are available from many hydrographic agencies worldwide, including United Kingdom and Canada.
We recommend ChartWorld for up to date S63 charts.