PhraseExpress eliminates repetitive typing and manages frequently used text snippets in customizable categories. Boilerplate templates can be stored together with bitmaps and RTF or HTML text formatting.
The unique text prediction feature watches out for repetitive text patterns and offers to auto-complete such phrases. Smart algorithms analyze and learn your writing patterns, and suggest the most relevant ways to complete phrases and sentences.
The Autotext feature allows assigning a frequently used text such as your address, your signature or a common phrase to a much shorter abbreviation. Whenever you type in the assigned abbreviation PhraseExpress will automatically replace it with the original text. For example, "ty" will be expanded to "thank you very much. Existing MS Office AutoCorrect entries can be imported for use in any Windows program, not just MS Office.
PhraseExpress automatically recognizes unwanted Autotexts and suppresses the text replacement the next time you enter the Autotext.
The Clipboard Cache enhances the native Windows clipboard functionality by remembering all items that are copied to the clipboard and storing them for later pasting.
Phrase Organizer functions
* Phrase items can be organized in categories including sub-categories.
* Phrases can be inserted system-wide in any Windows application such as MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP, Thunderbird, database frontends, Skype, MSN, ICQ, Opera, Firefox, InternetExplorer, etc.
* Phrases can be inserted by...
o selecting the phrase from a task tray icon popup menu
o Popup menu next to the cursor
o Hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts)
o Autotext (text abbreviations)
o Floating menu
* Text snippets can include HTML-, RTF- and Microsoft Word text formatting and .JPG, .PNG. .BMP und .TIFF bitmap images.
* Phrases are stored in Unicode to provide compatibility with e.g. for Asian language character sets.
* Phrases can be linked and nested. This feature allows you to create text templates that can be re-used in multiple phrases.
* Simulation of any keystroke including special keys to automate tasks.
* Quick access to the last used phrases.
Dynamic phrase contents
Dynamic content can be added to the static phrase contents:
* Manual text input can be embedded within a static phrase.
o The input field can be single- or multi-line
o The input can optionally have a customizable default value. This default value itself can be another phrase or dynamic data such as the current or past date with customizable date shift.
o A single text input can be re-used in multiple places within the phrase.
o Manual input can be entered in a dynamically generated form.
* Date-/time stamp
o The date format can be freely customized, (e.g. "10/09/09", "Nov 09", "Monday", etc.).
o You can define a custom time shift, e.g. current date plus 14 days.
o You can optionally select a date from a calendar dialog.
o PhraseExpress can also calculate the current Calendar Week or Day of the Year.
* Unlimited amount of counters with customizable start value and incrementor/decrementor.
* Windows environment variables.
* ActiveDirectory LDAP variables.
* Random number generator (which can be used to trigger a random phrase).
* External text and bitmaps can be either embedded into the locally phrase data file or dynamically linked either online or offline from your hard disk.
* The current Windows clipboard contents can be pasted into any position of a static phrase.
Text suggestion feature
The text suggestion feature saves you from manually creating phrases:
* PhraseExpress recognizes repetitive text input and offers to autocomplete such phrases.
* Optional auto-completion of single words.
* Continuous optimization of the text suggestions based on the user habits.
* Existing text files or sent MS Outlook 2003/2007 Emails can be analyzed to train the text suggestion feature. This eliminates any text input training to achieve instant results.
* Bi-directional support of the Autotext and text suggestion feature. Autotext can trigger the text prediction feature and vice versa.
* The text prediction feature can be restricted to work in certain programs only.
* Language independent function and individual dictionary for each user.
* Passwords are automatically excluded from the dictionary.
* The same Autotext abbreviation can be re-used for multiple phrases. In such case, a popup menu allows you to select the desired phrase.
* Autotexts can be automatically expanded or optionally offered in a popup menu for optional insertion.
* Temporarily unwanted text replacements are automatically recognized by PhraseExpress and suppressed when entered again.
* Customizable pre- and delimiter characters and global prelimiter for all phrases. Autotext can be recognized optionally only in the beginning, within or at the end of a word.
* Optional output of Autotext delimiters.
* Optional automatic caps recognition.
* Optional beep on Autotext text replacement.
* Autotexts can be restricted to work in certain programs only. Such configuration can optionally be inherited to sub-folders.
* Advanced Autotext options can be applied to individual phrases and optionally applied to sub-folders.
Phrases can include macro functions to automate repetitive tasks:
* Launch programs including definition of parameters and working directory.
* Automatic email creation including attachment. Support for MAPI, Outlook API and mailto.
* Open files or websites.
* Macro functions can be nested and linked.
* Loop function with customizable repetition.
* Application Focus change to any Windows program.
* Phrases can be triggered based on the current time or date or random.
* Automated change of the current keyboard language scheme.
* Simulation of manual keystrokes.
* Advanced string operations (trim strings, count chars, extract sub-string, etc.).
* Simulation of mouse movement and mouse clicks.
* Calculation of math formulas.
* Messagebox output with customizable buttons (Yes, No, OK, Cancel).
* Automated generation of phrases
* Custom placement of the cursor after phrase insertion.
The phrase contents can be edited with powerful batch editing features:
* Phrases can be sorted alphabetically or text length-wise.
* QuickSearch function. Results can be displayed within the phrase tree structure or in a flat list.
* Multi-line Search & Replace function.
* Phrases can be scanned for duplicates, which are then combined to a single phrase. Optionally per phrase folder level or across subfolders.
* Custom text can be added to the beginning or at the end of phrase contents in batch.
* Text can be removed from the beginning or end of phrase contents in batch.
* Automatic removal of leading/trailing spaces of phrase or Autotexts.
* Automatic Autotext generation based on the phrase contents.
* Optional word-wrap in the phrase editing window.
* Advanced input editor for nested macro functions.
* Calculation of mathematical expressions during normal text input.
* Optional deactivation of the caps lock key to prevent accidental engagement.
* The usage statistics can calculate the Return-on-investment of PhraseExpress.
* Automatic check for software updates.
* Configurable user interface:
o Separate Expert Mode for advanced users.
o Optional display of hotkey Autotext associations in the phrase selection popup menu.
o Separator lines help to visually structure phrases.
o Phrase folder can be excluded from being displayed in the popup menu.
* Unparalleled support for all target applications by automatic selection of the suitable phrase insertion method either via simulation of individual keystrokes or pasting using the Windows clipboard. PhraseExpress supports the paste methods VK packet, SendKey and WM_Char.
* Optional Windows clipboard buffer to retrieve any previous clipboard contents when pasting phrases using the clipboard.
* Customizable phrase paste speed if using the key-by-key insertion method with optional random variation to simulate human text input (suitable for demonstration purposes).
* Support for Unicode and UTF-8 encoding.
Optional web browser