PCMesh Internet and Disk Cleanup is a utility to remove user activity tracks and to clean the hard disk from junk files.
Windows logs user activity in several locations of which the most important ones are:
- index.dat files which log user's Internet activity such as the addresses of visited websites, a copy of those sites and received cookies.
- UserAssist registry key which logs local activities such as files which have been opened.
Windows provides no functionality to clear those logs.
Other areas where user activity tracks are left include files searched, documents opened, memory contents saved to pagefile (swapfile), etc.
PCMesh Internet Cleanup clears all of those tracks with a single click.
Furthermore PCMesh Internet Cleanup provides disk cleanup functionality to remove Windows and Internet temporary files, Java cache and other junk files.
Another security functionality contained is files shredding which means to overwrite files a number of times and finally delete them. Users can use file shredding to destroy their sensitive files securely.
Using PC Mesh Internet and Disk Cleanup you can:
* View MS Internet Explorer index.dat files (Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History) in ASCII and HEX formats. See a screenshot of index.dat reports window.
* Delete MS Internet Explorer index.dat files including Internet Cookies including Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History.
* Erase MS Internet Explorer typed URLs, webforms (typed credit card number, passwords, etc.) and plugins.
* View and delete Mozilla cache, cookies and history.
* Clear Mozilla web forms (typed credit card number, passwords, etc.) and typed URLs.
* Delete Java cache and other temporary files.
* Clear the MRU (Most Recently Used) files list.
* Clear UserAssist area of the registry.
* Clear Windows pagefile (swapfile).
* Erase old prefetch files.
* Empty Recycle Bin.
* Erase Windows Run history.
* Erase Windows Search history.
* Delete the contents of Windows Temp folder.
* Search and delete files of specific extensions and/or files names.
* File shredding (secure deletion).
Internet Explorer or Mozilla