NoteTab is a leading text and HTML editor. Winner of software industry awards since 1998, this application does it all: it easily handles a stack of huge files; lets you format text to your heart's content; does system-wide searches, and multi-line global replacements. It even corrects your spelling mistakes. Build document templates, add bookmarks, convert text to HTML on-the-fly, and take charge of your code. Use a simple, power-packed scripting language to create anything from a text macro to a mini-application.
NoteTab Pro offers multi-level undo and redo commands, accelerated text processing, and highlighted URLs and HTML tags, making it an ideal tool for advanced users, web developers, and programmers. NoteTab Pro has won the annual SIAF People's Choice award six times since 1998.
All versions of NoteTab allow multiple files to be opened simultaneously in the tabbed interface that also includes a fully configurable toolbar with over 90 commands. Search and replace functions allow processing of all open documents or specified disk folders, and text copied from other applications to the Windows Clipboard can be automatically pasted in a chosen NoteTab document. NoteTab also has its own scripting language that enables the creation of custom text-processing tools. A large number of ready-made scripts are already included in the program, and many more have been made available by other NoteTab users on our Clip Resources page. Examples of included scripts include measurement and currency conversion, calculation of mortgage rates and the future value of deposits, stripping HTML tags from files, and encrypted password storage.
NoteTab supports a variety of industry standards and operations, including PCRE regular expressions and XHTML, and seamlessly integrates with a number of popular third-party utilities.
* Handles many documents at once, even huge files (only limited by system resources).
* Drag-and-drop text editing.
* AutoCorrect/Auto-replace mode similar to Microsoft® WinWord.
* Supports Microsoft Office sound events.
* Fully configurable toolbar with flat or standard buttons (more than 90 commands available).
* Fully configurable shortcut menu.
* Programmable: add your own custom features using an easy script language.
* Web enabled: can open links and HTML documents in browser.
* Supports third-party Web tools: HTML Tidy, TopStyle, and CSE HTML Validator.
* Powerful Clipbook tool makes it easy to memorize and insert any kind of text in your document. Includes libraries for HTML tags, acronyms, smilies, etc. Can also be used for "shorthand" glossaries or to launch other applications.
* Innovative In-Context Clipbook reduces mouse movement and speeds up work.
* Support for Perl and Gawk interpreters: scripts can be stored in NoteTab and applied directly to highlighted text or whole document.
* Mathematical calculation: type a mathematical expression and NoteTab will calculate the result.
* Individual document settings such as font, tab width, and word wrap.
* Supports outline-type documents that help you organize your notes or any kind of information.
* Supports document templates.
* Search/replace in all open documents, or in closed documents stored on disk.
* Supports search tokens and regular expressions.
* Special functions to convert text files to Web documents, strip HTML tags, sort lines, change case, process text in blocks, etc.
* Supports Drag-and-drop of image files from the Quick List tool into an HTML document (creates image tags with the correct size attributes).
* Automatic scrolling for hands-free document reading.
* Options to set margins, page numbering, headers, and footers for printing jobs.
* Reformats text, including left and right justification.
* Produces text statistics: counts characters and words, and word frequency.
* Supports Drag-and-drop from File Manager or Windows Explorer.
* Runs from the command-line, accepting multiple file names and wildcards.
* Quickly opens files or directories from the Favorites list.
* Captures text copied to the Clipboard from any application.
* Reads and writes files in DOS ASCII, UNIX, EBCDIC, and Mac formats.
* Covers all essential features available in Notepad (including LOG).
Thanks to its unique scripting language, NoteTab can do more than just standard text processing. In fact, you'll find it an excellent replacement for many utilities, not just MS Notepad. Here's a list of some of the tasks handled by NoteTab's included scripts:
* Convert between units of the Metric system and the Imperial system.
* Convert all your HTML files to plain text files, or vice versa.
* Calculate mortgage rates and future value of deposits.
* Create Web pages from your image collections.
* Convert between the Euro and other currencies.
* Expand "shorthand" text sent to the Clipboard and automatically paste it back.
* Generate passwords based on the characters of your choice.
* Store all your passwords and other sensitive text in securely encrypted files.
* Get the message digest of files or text (MD5 and CRC32).
* Format and clean up email messages.
RAM: 32MB; HD: 4MB
30 days trial