Update your phone and enjoy these benefits
New Nokia device software is released on a regular basis, providing:
- Great new features
- Updated applications
- Performance improvements
Set auto-check on in 30 seconds
- Select Menu > Applications > SW Update
- Select Options > Settings > Auto-check for updates
- Select On and OK.
Note: If you have Nokia with Windows Phone or Meego, software update notifications will automatically be displayed on your phone™s home screen.
1. Will an update affect my contacts or other phone data?
Updating using your phone™s software update application will not affect contacts, photos or other information you have stored on your phone, but you should back up your data before updating whenever possible.
2. How do I know when I need to update?
There are 2 ways to find out about new software releases for your phone:
- Use your phone™s software update application to check for new updates. You can also set the application to check for new updates automatically.
- Nokia Suite alerts you to new software updates when you connect your phone to your PC. If you have Nokia with Windows Phone or Meego, software update notifications will automatically be displayed on your phone™s home screen.
3. Is the update free of charge?
Yes, it is absolutely free of charge, but data download charges may apply.
4. How long does it take?
Normally we talk about just few minutes. However, each update is different in content, and the connection type you are using matters, too.
5. Can I get a virus?
Trust Nokia. The updates are virus-free and guaranteed by Nokia.
6. Is my phone changed after the update?
Most likely your phone works faster after an update. You may notice new application icons after update, and you may have new features and functions available. Update content varies by update and phone model.