Machete is a quick and lean video editor. It is an ideal solution for easy and quick "slicing" of your video files: you can delete unnecessary fragments (e.g. cut out commercials), copy, move, mix and save individual pieces. This means that Machete combines functionality of both video splitter (cutter, trimmer) and video joiner (for joining video files with the exactly the same formats) and more. Additional functions available: ability to extract and save video and audio streams as separate files, ability to add/replace audio stream in AVI, WMV and FLV files and ability to save a video frame as a bitmap (.bmp) file. You can also view and edit file tags (metadata) associated with any of the supported media formats.
Currently, Machete can edit AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP3, WAV and FLV files (most video and audio codecs are supported: DV, DivX, XviD, H.264 (AVC), WMV, MSS, WMA, MP3, AC3, AAC and others). Support for more video formats will be added in future versions.
The program's key feature is that editing of a video file is performed without re-encoding (so-called lossless editing). This not only saves time, but also prevents loss of video or audio quality. Also, it means that you would not need powerful and expensive computer to edit your video material. After a file is edited and saved, it retains its original format.
The program does not require installation of any special codecs for multimedia editing in addition to regular decoders that are needed for video viewing and audio playback. You don't need any special skills or advanced knowledge to edit video with Machete.
Play AVI, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP3, WAVE and FLV video and audio files, as well as some others
Edit FLV video and audio files (*.flv)
* most video codecs supported: Sorenson H.263 (FLV1), On2 VP6 (FLV4) and H.264 (AVC)
* most audio codecs supported: MP3 and AAC
Edit WMV, ASF video files (*.wmv, *.asf) and WMA audio files(*.wma)
* most video codecs supported: WMV, MSS and others
* most audio codecs supported: WMA, MP3 and others
Edit AVI video files (*.avi)
* most video codecs supported: DV (Digital Video Type 1, 2), DivX, XviD and others
* most audio codecs supported: MP3 (VBR and CRB), AC3 and others
Edit MP3 (MPEG Layer-3) audio files (*.mp3)
* VBR and CRB encoding supported
Edit uncompressed WAVE (Waveform audio format) audio files (*.wav)
* PCM bitstream supported
* For all formats listed above, the following editing operations are available:
* cut, copy, delete and paste fragments of video files
* save video fragments as separate files
* insert one video file into another file of the same format
Edit file tags (metadata) for all supported media formats
Extract and save audio stream as a separate file
Extract and save video stream as a separate file
Add/Replace audio stream in video files
Save a video frame as a bitmap (*.bmp) file
DirectX version 9.0 (or later)