This instant messaging is corporate oriented (enterprise), with local networks (LAN) or internet for effective intra-office communication.
Server is PHP/MySQL (opensource), make easy for the administrator to choise all options, for display, contact manage, lock...
Possible to force or not user to use password, limit (or not) maximum simultaneous users, online users, contacts numbers...
Server can be public or locked by password.
To direct use on USB key (dont need U3 protocole) : download zip version.
No file transfert, no VoIP, only safety and easy lan chat in the company.
Its architecture directs it to a company usage, and immediately give high security level :
* No open listen port (socket), only centralized web request to the server (call url with parameters : php scripts) : makes possible great flexibility, and very advantageous to not be blocked by firewalls.
* No file transfert (avoid the transfer of controlled origin files, or data leakages/missing).
* Centralization of the exchanges (systematically trough server).
* Can authentication by extern existing database : forum, groupware, CMS, ERP, CRM, LDAP (force login to Windows username)...
See Usage diagrams (classic or extern authentication).
* Server open source (PHP/MySQL) : allows flexibility, and simple and easy adaptability.
* Installation, parameter setting and easy supervision of the server.
Its purpose isn't to be one more MSN/Yahoo Messenger like, by proposing functionalities can (maybe) be too advanced (not so useful in company or being able to create safety risk fault) : file transfert and voip are not include.
Display local time zone, country flag, and using language (see screen shot).
Possible to force nickname to Windows username (if computers on a domain, it's a LDAP authentication) or let users choise by themself.
Possible to ban usernames and censure words (replaced by '...').
If necessary, can hiearchic users management : can add to contact only lower or equal level users.
Before use, you must have a web server with PHP and MySQL, or you need to install it
You need to have access to webserver running Apache, MySQL and PHP. Operating system can be either Linux, Windows or a similar variant running the prerequiste software.
You also need to have the ability to create a MySQL database and tables on this machine or another networked machine.
Knowledge to install/setup a new server is necessary :
* install web server : easy install (under Windows) Apache + MySQL + PHP + PHPMyAdmin :
-WampServer (see the install doc include in IntraMessenger server)
-Xampp (the Xampp lite (50 Mo) version include IntraMessenger is avaible to download)
* create a database.
* update two configuration files to setup login and password (MySQL database access), and choose options.
Read doceninstall.html for server setup (include in server files).