HyperSnap is the fastest and easiest way to take screen captures from Windows screen, and text capture (TextSnap) from places where normal text copy is not possible. HyperSnap combines the power of a first-class screen capture application with an advanced image editing utility - wrapped into one easy-to-use tool!
It is perfect for capturing images that you want to include in your Help system, online tutorials, manuals, training handouts, presentations, marketing materials, Web pages, emails and more. Use HyperSnap to quickly share a picture-perfect representation of anything on your screen.
HyperSnap is versatile and extremely easy-to-use. You can quickly customize menus and toolbars to fit your needs. Assign your own keyboard shortcuts, create instant toolbars, and even control HyperSnap with voice commands!
HyperSnap v.6 is compatible with Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit releases, XP, 2000, NT4, ME and Windows 98.
* New in ver. 6 TextSnap feature to capture editable text from almost anywhere on the screen, when running under Windows 2000, XP, Vista or newer. It can also capture tab-delimited data for easy paste into MS Excel.
* New & powerful image capture, editing, annotation and manipulation tools.
* Snags also those difficult-to-grab screens from DirectX™ and Glide™ games.
* Image stamps, frames, drop shadow, free-hand capture, FTP server uploads, more!
* Automatic color substitution!
* Non-rectangular window capture!
* Button Capture - perfect for professional technical writers who need to snap and document dozens of buttons!
* Auto-scrolls and concurrently captures long web pages and other. documents, enabling it to grab more than is visible on the screen.
* Tightly integrates with the MS Windows clipboard to automate repetitive tasks - will even automatically PASTE capture images where needed!
* Automatically saves your captures to graphics files.
* Doubles as effective image viewer, format converter (over 20 image formats supported).
* Fully customizable user interface. Rearrange menus and toolbars any way you want, assign any keyboard shortcuts you like, tear off menus to create instant toolbars, even control HyperSnap with voice commands!
* Extended Window Capture function when running on Windows XP. Resizes a window to be much bigger than the screen before the capture - in one quick step, no auto-scrolling!
Changelog for this release:
New user interface, using Ribbon instead of menu and toolbars.
However you can still switch to the old menu/toolbars interface if you
want. We recommend that you give try to the new UI though, as some
features are not available or more difficult to access with the old
Big enhancements to HyperSnap drawing editor - all shapes drawn are
now kept as separate objects. You may select them at any time, move,
modify, delete. You may also imprint them permanently on the image at
New shapes in drawing editor - different types of callouts, arc,
opened and closed polylines. When needed, you may switch to "draw
directly on image" mode. This could be useful e.g. to edit small icons,
where each pixel counts, while for bigger images we recommend the new
shape drawing mode.
New native HyperSnap file format .dhs - preserves the drawn shapes
as separate objects for later editing.
Support for opacity (alpha channel) - any part of an image can be
made completely or partially transparent.
A much enhanced color picker on the Ribbon "Edit" tab - select
colors from standard palette, define up to 8 user colors, switch between
using the foreground/line color or background/fill color, pick color
form anywhere on the screen, set RGB or HSL color codes with sliders or
by typing values, displays and offers a quick copy of HTML color code
like #E6C01A, "pin" colors to use the same colors in all editied images
or have separate selections for each image and more.
Optional thumbnail list showing small previews of all images
captured or opened in HyperSnap window. Click on thumbnails to switch
the big window to that image. Select multiple images in Thumbnails View
window, then right click to apply group operations on selected images,
e.g. resize them, print, save to one multi-page file (TIFF or PDF) or to
separate image files in one operation.
Save images to PDF files. Can also open PDF files created with
HyperSnap 7, but not other PDFs.
Region capture enhancements - select unrestrained or pre-defined
aspect ratio of captured region (e.g. 4:3, 16:9 or user defined), select
a pre-defined fixed size of captured region, e.g. 640x480 pixels, and
move it around the screen.
Support for FireFox 4 and newer with FireFox
add-on to capture entire pages etc.
Many more smaller enhancements.
Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista