GPU Caps Viewer has been successfully tested on the following systems:
* Core 2 Duo 6600 / 2048M DDR2 / Windows XP SP2 32-bit / EVGA GeForce GTX 280 PCIExp / Forceware 177.39
* AMD X2 3800+ / 2048M DDR2 / Windows Vista SP1 64-bit / HIS Radeon HD 3870 PCIExp/ Catalyst 8.7
* AMD X2 3800+ / 2048M DDR2 / Windows Vista SP1 64-bit / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX PCIExp/ Forceware 177.66
What is GPU Caps Viewer ?
GPU Caps Viewer is an OpenGL graphics card utility for Windows XP and Vista (32/64-bit). This tool offers the following features:
* quick view of the graphics configuration (graphics card / GPU type, amount of video memory, drivers version)
* display of the main OpenGL capabilities (OpenGL version, texture size, number of texture units, etc.)
* display of the OpenGL extensions supported by your graphics card or display of all existing OpenGL extensions no matter what graphics card you have. For each extension, you can open its description webpage available at the OpenGL Extension Registry or at NVIDIA's OpenGL Extensions spec. Very handy for graphics developers!
* display of the system configuration: CPU type and speed, amount of systeme memory, operating system
* display of the GPU core temperature
* GPU Burner: allows to make the GPU temperature climb in order to test the graphics card stability. You can start several stress test demos in the same time in order to make your graphics card working to the maximum.
* list of links related to your graphics card: graphics drivers and graphics cards reviews. These links are regularly updated.
* full report in text and XML format. This kind of report is useful for developers who needs an outline of the customer graphics system (for support purposes for example).
* graphics card validation: your graphics card data is sent to oZone3D.Net server and in return you receive a link on the validation web page. You can use that validation in benchmarks or to help graphics applications developers to solve specific problems. See this page for further explanation.
* New: added new demo: HW Geometry Instancing. Works with GeForce 8 (and higher), S3 Graphics Chrome 400 series (430 GT, 440 GTX). This demo requires the support of Shader Model 4.0
* New : added command line parameters to set the default size of demos's window. Example: c:>gpucapsviewer /width=1920 /height=1200
* Change: improved HDR demo with radial blur.
* Change: density of mesh plane (500k triangles) in the Vertex Texture Fetching demo. This demo works fine with NVIDIA GeForce 6+, S3 Graphics Chrome 400 (430 GT and 440 GTX) and should work one day with Radeon 2k/3k (bug in Catalyst?).
* Bugfix: render target init for ATI and S3 Graphics (HDR demo).
* New: added a simple splashscreen to give some startup information.
* New: added NVIDIA PhysX driver detection.
* Bugfix: msaa was set to 2X at initialization and this value prevents a correct init of S3 Graphics Chrome 430 GT.
* Bugfix: small bug in the detection of GPU Caps Viewer version.
* Bugfix: in opengl extensions list box, driver information was not correct.
* Bugfix: small bug in drivers detection (XP and Vista).
* Bugfix: small bug in GPU Caps Viewer installer (new version tries to install into old folder).
* Change: added ForceWare 177.66 and Catalyst 8.7 to database.
* Change: added detection of GeForce GTX 260/280 and Radeon 4850/4870/4870 X2.
* Change: version 1.5.0
* Known issue: under Vista the temperature for GeForce based graphics cards is not displayed.