dotConnect for Oracle is an enhanced data provider built over ADO.NET architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative technologies. With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework and LinqConnect, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and boosts productivity of database application development.
* Flexible Connectivity. dotConnect for Oracle can connect both through OCI and directly over TCP/IP. Applications written with dotConnect for Oracle do not require installation of Oracle Client software.
* Database Application Development Extensions. dotConnect for Oracle has a rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient design time component editors, wizards and managers, toolset for live data binding, and much more.
* Oracle Advanced Features Support. dotConnect for Oracle allows developers to harness full capabilities of the Oracle server. dotConnect for Oracle supports such Oracle-specific features as Advanced Queuing, Alerts, Pipes, Direct Path Loading, Change notifications, REF cursors, objects, packages, and others.
* dotConnect for Oracle offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models - Entity Developer with support for Model-First and Database-First design approaches and flexible T4 template-based code generation for the model. dotConnect for Oracle supports Entity Framework v1 - v6.4 and Entity Framework Core 3.1, NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to Oracle) - Devart's own ORM solution, closely compatible to Microsoft LINQ to SQL.
* Workflow Foundation Support. Provides support for Oracle Workflow Instance Store and Workflow Tracking.
* BIS Support. dotConnect for Oracle supports Reporting and Analytics services and offers Source and Destination Data Flow components for Integration Services
* Support for ASP.NET Identity 1 and 2
* Sync Framework Support
Changelog for this release:
* Spatial Data is supported for EF Core
* Full-Text Search and Database-specific Functions are supported for EF Core
* Monitoring Improvements. The new version allows configuring DbMonitor in more details and significantly decrease performance loss from monitoring.
ADO.NET Entity Framework v1, v4.x, v5, and v6 and Entity Framework Core 1.1 and 2.1