Directory Opus is the complete File Management and Explorer Replacement Solution for Windows.
A file manager is, at its simplest, a utility program which presents lists of files and allows the user to perform actions of some kind on those files. File managers are useful for moving files between folders, making backup copies of files, viewing pictures and playing sounds, running other utility programs on lists of files, deleting unwanted files and many other "housekeeping" tasks.
Directory Opus goes beyond the simple file manager metaphor, and offers you a complete replacement for Windows Explorer and many other utility programs for handling FTP, ZIP, viewing files and images, running slideshows and more. It provides you with all this within a user-friendly and fully-configurable environment within which you can access and manage your important data with a minimum of effort. Harness the power of your computer like never before!
* Designed for Windows: Directory Opus 9 has been designed and written from the ground up especially for Windows. Full support for the latest Windows Operating Systems from 2000, XP and 2003 and Windows Vista.
* Familiar Interface: Unlike many other file managers, Directory Opus defaults to an Explorer-compatible user interface. You can immediately begin using Directory Opus, with no learning curve, because it will feel extremely familiar and comfortable to you. But, you will find that you can easily configure the interface to fully personalize your system including the use of dual file displays or multiple displays for special folders.
* Fully Configurable Menus, Toolbars and Hotkeys: Directory Opus supports unlimited menus and toolbars. Toolbars can be attached to any side of a Lister display or can be independent free-floating windows. Directory Opus supports user-configurable hotkeys, both for use within Opus, and globally throughout the system. The Windows key is also fully supported!
* Built-in ZIP and FTP Support: Throw away your external ZIP and FTP programs - Directory Opus lets you access ZIP files and FTP sites as easily as local folders! You can copy files from anywhere and to anywhere - even from an FTP site straight into a ZIP file!
* True Multitasking: The object-orientated multi-threaded design gives you unheralded power to perform multiple operations at the same time. Why should you have to wait for your computer to finish? Now you can begin one task and immediately move on the the next. Zip one folder whilst unzipping into another, at the same time as you are downloading files from a remote FTP site and copying yet more files between your local folders, independently and reliably.
* Support for Common Image and Sound Files: Directory Opus supports most common image and sound file formats. It provides a quick yet powerful image viewer which lets you view your pictures without having to load a large paint program! It also provides a Thumbnails-style view of your folders, allowing you preview a large number of images to quickly locate the one you are looking for.
* Built-in Viewer Pane: Quickly view pictures, text files and other types of files in the Opus Viewer pane directly in the Lister window. Opus supports a viewer plug-in system so you can add new drivers for the specific file formats you wish to view as they become available. Directory Opus comes with plug-ins for many popular image and document file formats. Third party libraries can extend the viewing capabilities to include Word and Excel documents, Acrobat files and many other types of files. A free SDK is available for developers to write their own viewer plug-ins.
* Enhanced Support for Digital Images: More than any other file manager, Directory Opus give you full access to the hidden details of the EXIF format for images from digital cameras. You can now sort images by any field and view all the information about your photos from shooting time, shutter speed, aperture, subject distance, metering type and more...
* Enhanced Finding and Searching: Directory Opus lets you quickly locate the files you need, with an extremely powerful search system. Does Explorer let you search for Led Zeppelin MP3 files recorded at a bit rate of 160 sometime between last Thursday and today? Opus does!
* Powerful Internal Command Set: With Directory Opus you are not just limited to functions given to you by the programmer. Directory Opus's functions are built upon the most powerful file management command language available in any file manager. You can harness this easily to create your own functions commands to perform the actions that YOU want to do.
Changelog for this release:
# Fixed crash that could occur if the Set SORTBY function was called with a column that wasnt currently displayed.
# Drag & drop of attachments from Outlook to a folder tab now works correctly
# Fixed problem with slide-out back/forwards buttons where they would not notice the mouse was no longer over them if the mouse moved during the slide animation
# Fixed the Go commands OPENINDEST argument so that it will use an existing destination Lister if the current Lister is not a dual-display one.
# Fix for the Open in Directory Opus folder context menu item not working in Windows 7 if Explorer Replacement mode was disabled in some cases. This also fixes the Open folder to view files in Directory Opus AutoPlay option if Explorer Replacement mode disabled.
# Fixed crash when using the Print Folder command without any printers installed (or with print service disabled)
# Fixed problem that prevented custom Folder Colors from working reliably in the tree
# If two or more files on an FTP site were selected and 'Open' chosen from the context menu, they would in some cases be downloaded and opened multiple times.
# New FTP Proxy for USER: user@proxy_user@host and PASS: password@proxy_password
# Fix for FTP sites that claim to support UTF-8 but return non-UTF-8 encoded directory listings
no special requirements
30 days evaluation