The convenient and feature-rich DBF file structure has survived for decades despite the ever-increasing rate of progress in the world of information processing. There is a need for a compact dbase viewer and editor that will cope with the rich functionality of the well-established dBase and XBase formats by offering rapid and reliable on-the-fly access to the data and its structure. Enter DBF Manager! The advanced data management solution for all DBF database users that is packed with features usually found only in top end software.
The built-in dbf editor of DBF Manager offers safe and secure access to the internals of the dbf file format that is generated by a variety of applications including Clipper, dBase and Visual FoxPro. The wealth of sophisticated features includes complete support for data structure modification as well as comprehensive data editing and search-replace features that are carefully tailored to suit the data type of interest. If, for example, the data type is date then a calendar display will offer convenient date editing features. The memo viewer doubles up as a memo editor and the appropriate data types will automatically appear in an edit memo field. Common index searching combined with an ultra fast text search algorithm results in lightning speed data searches in any selection of database fields. DBF Manager also supports filtered searches and searches within scopes. All dbf view search results can, of course, be printed if required.
As well as dbf file data manipulation, DBF Manager supports a wide variety of data import and export formats and will also encrypt and decrypt databases.
DBF Manager has a comprehensive set of database index related tools. For example, the easy to use index manager will perform on-the-fly re-indexing and index rebuilds from an open dbf file as well as allowing a wide variety of index file types to be opened, modified and viewed. A print dbf structure feature is included in the extensive index file manager feature set.
The DBF Manager multi-document interface is intuitive and the program is extremely flexible and configurable. This means that no training is required; you can begin using it straightaway. You can try DBF Manager right now by downloading the free trial version from here. When you are convinced that this is the best compact solution for your individual or corporate database needs you can choose the most cost-effective license from our flexible, multi-tier, online ordering system and immediately receive your serial key by email.
* View and edit dbf files (DBase III, IV, V, Foxpro, Clipper)
* View and edit memo files
* Multidocument interface
* View dbf using ANSI or OEM character set
* Create and modify dbf structure
* Print dbf structure and dbf data
* Pack records
* Zap records
* Encrypt and decrypt dbf files
* Open, view and modify .ndx, .cdx, .ntx, .mdx index files
* Reindex opened index files
* Filter records using most of all Clipper/Foxpro functions
* Search and replace records
* Allow to set relation between two tables
* Exclusive and read-only modes
* Columns customization
* Create lookup fields in the opened table
* Import from csv, txt file formats
* Export to sql, csv, txt, xls, html file formats
Changelog for this release:
* Fixed bug with dbf structure reading
* Added import from xlsx files
* Fixed bug in table designer max size of field name is 10
* Improved saving memo data
* Improved memo drawing
* Improved behavior of grid with memo fields
* Memo viewer is called from the program directly
* Some cosmetic improvements