Looking for an image processor that would offer advanced options and features, yet would not cost a fortune? AVD Graphic Studio, to put it simply, is a mini Photoshop, offering very similar capabilities at a fraction of the cost. It provides over 20 tools to work with images ? cropping, resizing, rotating, bump mapping, histogram equalization, mirroring (horizontal and vertical), special effects filters and many more handy options for image manipulations.
While AVD Graphic Studio can be used by any amateur, who just recently purchased digital camera, the software does offer quite a few sophisticated options for professional designers and digital artists. For instance, AVD Graphic Studio acquires images from TWAIN scanners and can be used to regulate contrast, HSL, HSV/HSB and RGB settings.
AVD Graphic Studio comes with four modules ? MultiPage, Video, Animation and Batch Processing.
The first module, as it names suggests, is show all kinds of FAX images, multipage FAX and multipage TIFF images (rev.6.0, Packbits, LZW, CCITT G.3 and G.4) with RGB, CMYK, B/W, animated GIF and Multipage PCX (DCX). Also FAX (CCITT3), G3F and G3N (Zetafax) formats supported for loading.
The second Video module allows users to capture individual frames from video files in order to create animated GIF files. The third module creates animated GIF files from a set of static images (tif, tiff, fax, gif, jpg, jpeg, jpe, pcx, bmp, dib, rle, ico, cur, png, wmf, emf, tga, targa, vda, icb, vst, pix, pxm, ppm, pgm, pbm).
The fourth module, as it names suggests, is intended for processing multiple images in batches. The module supports all common image formats and offers conversion, resampling, resizing and resolution readjustment options, among others.
* Save/load specific file format parameters and save/load preview dialogs
* Acquires images from TWAIN scanners
* Image processing (Equalize, Contrast, RGB, HSV, HSL, FFT, convert to 24 bit, gray and B&W)
* Effects (Negative, bump map, lens, wave, morph, user filters)
* Crop functions and Copy to clipboard
* Changes resolution on graphic files
* Advanced print control (many options)
* Rotating through any angle
* Mirroring (horizontal and vertical)
* Resizing (9 filters for quality resampling : Triangle, Hermite, Bell, BSpline, Lanczos3, Mitchell, Nearest, Linear, FastLinear)
* Draw with a multitude of tools
* Extents selection, resizing and moving regions
* Image clearing - Remove Noise and Remove Isolated Pixels
* Image Deskewing (to correct images that were skewed from fax transmission, scanning, etc).
* Simple tool which helps to remove red eyes
* Drop shadow (Gaussian Shadow)
* Frame, Mask and Border Effects
* Slicing tool
Converting (saving) to
* JPEG Bitmap (JPG, JPEG, JPE)
* TIFF Bitmap (TIF, TIFF, FAX, G3N, G3F)
* Compuserve Bitmap (GIF)
* PaintBrush (PCX)
* Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
* Windows Bitmap (BMP, DIB, RLE)
* Targa Bitmap (TGA, TARGA, VDA, ICB, VST, PIX)
* Windows Icon (ICO)
* Windows Metafile (WMF)
* Enhanced Windows Metafile (EMF)
* Portable PixMap, GreyMap, Bitmap (PXM, PPM, PGM, PBM)
* Wireless Bitmap (WBMP)
* JPEG2000 (JP2)
* JPEG2000 Code Stream (J2K, JPC, J2C)
* PostScript Level 2 (PS, EPS)
* Adobe PDF (PDF)
* Adobe PhotoShop (PSD)
* Multipage PCX (DCX)
P-II-350, 128 MB RAM