Monitor network hosts, shared resources, and traffic, get MAC addresses, scan TCP and UDP ports, and be notified when devices turn on or go down. Create network diagram and see your network's state in visual form at any time.
The program includes a number of features for administrators such as sending messages, shutting down and turning on remote computers, ping, name lookup, trace route, obtaining information on remote computers, creating reports, etc. LANState does not require installing any client software on the remote computers on your network.
Network management and monitoring program LANState
* LANState builds a network map automatically by scanning Windows network neighborhood or IP address range.
* Save your network map for future use, print it, export it to a bitmap file.
* Be notified by background device monitoring via a screen message, sound, or e-mail when your servers go down or start working.
* You do not have to pay for quantity of controlled devices. I.e., if you monitor 10 or 500 devices, the price will be the same.
* You do not have to pay additional money for technical support.
* And the most important. The package does not require installing any components on remote servers and workstations.
* Link external applications like file managers or remote administration software to the program and run them in a couple of clicks with needed parameters.
* Network map with custom background Import custom backgrounds for more evident network map's look.
* Access and manage remote devices in a couple of clicks, using LANState's visual network map. You are able to shut down, restart, and turn on servers and workstations, access remote services and resources, view remote event logs, access remote registry, list processes, devices, NT services, and so on.
* Export network diagram to Visio Export network diagram to Microsoft Visio (LANState Pro).
* Send messages to domain users with help of integrated advanced messenger.
* Monitor connections to your shared resources and be notified when someone connects to your shared resources (logging, sound/screen notifications, and "black list" are supported).
* Access network map via web Access your network map remotely via HTTP protocol using built-in web server, and export network map to xml file format (LANState Pro).
* The program contains many useful tools for administrators, such as network scanner, port scanner, ping, trace route, name lookup, etc.
* The program is easy and simple to use
* Network mapping: modeling a local area network in a visual mode and then saving the result as a map, image, XML scheme. You can print the network map, or export the network map to Visio.
* Network diagram: Draw a network diagram and export it to Visio.
* Monitor servers and other hosts. The following monitoring checks are supported: ICMP monitoring,TCP port monitoring, DNS monitoring, ARP and MAC address monitoring, SNMP monitoring, FTP monitoring, HTTP monitoring, NetBios monitoring, service monitoring, process monitoring, folder monitoring, file monitoring, file size monitoring, disk space monitoring.
* Obtaining information on remote computers: IP address, current user, accounts and groups, domain, server, operation system used, current date and time, MAC address, shared resources, connected users, registry, services and devices, processes running, event log, installed software, SNMP information.
* Connection monitoring (monitoring usage of your shared resources by other users of the network) with logging, sound and screen notification, and blacklists.
* Network traffic monitoring (incoming/outgoing traffic and transfer rates).
* Searching hosts by ICMP ping or scanning TCP ports.
* Scanning network by IP address range.
* Port scanning.
* Controlling access permissions for your shared resources.
* Pinging any computer on the network.
* Tracing routes.
* Retrieving computer's network name by its IP address.
* Sending regular and anonymous messages to any computer on the network.
* Shutting down and restarting any computer on the network (when required permissions are granted on the remote computer).
* Turning on remote computers (wake-on-LAN).
* Notifying of events by playing a sound, writing to log, running program, sending e-mail, etc.
* Performing actions on network devices via the configurable context menu.
* Easy install and uninstall.
* Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP supported.
Changelog for this release:
- Added searching for network devices using the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) protocol. This function allows to discover routers, wireless devices, media servers and players, and all other UPnP devices on your local network.
- Added ability to import network maps created in Friendly Pinger. This program was not updated for years. Now you can migrate to LANState easily.
- Added options to hide the vertical and horizontal toolbars.
- Improved the Event Log reading mechanism for Windows Vista and 7.
- Fixed the Network Scanning Wizard (the IP range detection by network mask).
- Updated the network adapter manufacturer database.
Network (NetBios, ICMP, TCP, UDP must be enabled in your firewall)