What is StrongDC++ ???
StrongDC++ is a client for sharing files in Direct Connect network. It is modification of program DC++ and it brings many news and features from other modification. Since DC++ is developed under GNU/GPL, you can download source and modify it.
StrongDC++ has been to designed to share a legal material only! Program developer isn't responsible for activities which the users use this software to.
Safe segmented downloading
Download one file from more users simultaneously without corruption! This way of downloading dramatically improves download speed, especially for fast connections, and it's safer than classical downloading. Segment position and size are decided by file size and chunks speed.
Partial file sharing
Allows downloading and uploading parts of file which is being currently downloaded by you or other users. This increases download speed and file expanding over network.
Download/Upload speed limiter
Avoids a full line usage and leaves some speed for web browsing. Realize, that download speed limit is dependent on upload speed limit which is dependent on amount of opened slots/hubs.
Automatic slow downloads disconnecting
Disconnects sources who speed is under certain value for certain time. If download speed during segmented downloading goes too low, the source is disconnected regardless the set value to avoid unnecessary slot usage.
You can set sounds according to situation, change color scheme or icons, show pop-up balloons, see emoticons and many more...
It'a a major improvement from the normal DC++, since you download from more than 1 user at the same time and the download speed it's increased
Changelog for this release:
* DC++ 0.777 core synchronization
* added automatic incoming connection type detection
* stability fixes
* added option to disable Explorer theming in listviews and treeviews
* hopefully fixed throttling with very large speeds
* DHT fixes
* updated internal libraries (OpenSSL, BZip2, ZLIB, boost) - fixes some security issues
* removed STLPort dependency
* performance tweaks
* added support to set favorite hub encoding
* DC++ emulation is off by default (for non-favorite hubs)
* webserver encoding changed to utf-8
* webserver session timeout changed to 10 minutes