From Wireshark development team
Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark development thrives thanks to the contributions of networking experts across the globe. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998.
Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
* Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
* Live capture and offline analysis
* Standard three-pane packet browser
* Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
* Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
* The most powerful display filters in the industry
* Rich VoIP analysis
* Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer® (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer® Pro, and NetXray®, Network Instruments Observer, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek,
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed. See the security advisory for details and a workaround.
*Babi discovered several buffer overflows in the LWRES dissector.
Versions affected: 0.9.15 to 1.0.10, 1.2.0 to 1.2.5
The following bugs have been fixed:
*Wireshark could crash while decrypting Kerberos data.
*Address display filters hang Wireshark. (Bug 658)
*PSML - structure context node missing. (Bug 1564)
*Wireshark does not dynamically update the packet list. (Bug 1605)
*LUA: There's no tvb_get_stringz() equivalent. (Bug 2244)
*tvb_new_real_data is prone to memory leak. (Bug 3917)
*Malformed OPC UA traffic makes Wireshark freeze. (Bug 3986)
*Analyze→Expert... doesn't show IP Bad Checksum errors. (Bug 4177)
*Wireshark can't decrypt WPA(2)-PSK when passphrase is 63 bytes. (Bug 4183)
*RTP stream analysis: Wrong jitter values after clicking the refresh button. (Bug 4340)
*Wireshark decodes bootp option 2 incorrectly. (Bug 4342)
*Deleting SMI modules causes Wireshark to crash. (Bug 4354)
*Wireshark decodes kerberos AS-REQ PADATA incorrect. (Bug 4363)
*PDML output from TShark includes invalid characters. (Bug 4402)
*Empty GPRS LLC S frames cause truncated data exception. (Bug 4417)
New and Updated Features
Feature parity between the 64- and 32-bit Windows installer has been improved. The 64-bit installer now supports the matches operator, GeoIP location, and most types of decryption. Kerberos decryption and OID resolution are still not supported.
Updated Protocol Support
BJNP, BOOTP/DHCP, DHCPv6, FIP, GPRS LLC, IEEE 802.11, IP, Kerberos, OPCUA, SCTP, SSL, ZRTP
Updated Capture File Support
There are no updated capture file formats in this release.