From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Requesting FTP directory listing fields using OPTS MLST, if the server does not provide all needed fields by default. 1267
Support for MD5 FTP command.
Executable winscp.exe is included in .NET assembly package.
Logging level and password logging can be set on command-line using /loglevel switch.
Logging parsed command-line and script command parameters on Debug 1 level.
Size of connection receiving buffer increased. 1273
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1l.
Reducing amount of detailed information shown on Authentication Progress window for FTP sessions.
Adjusting message box size for icons scaled on Windows 8.1 and newer.
Not using drag images. 1274
Logging processes and performance counters in .NET assembly debug log, only when Session.DebugLogLevel is 1.
Not logging value of -passphrase switch of open command. 1277
Bug fix: After several unsuccessful reconnects a resumed FTP file download starts from an initial remote folder, instead of correct source folder. 1268
Bug fix: When sorting local files modified at the same time by modification time, sort direction is not considered when falling back to sorting by filename. 1269
Bug fix: Command could be invoked in the middle of creating directory or navigating. 1272
Bug fix: It was possible to drop on a file with drop handler in local panel with enabled drag&drop shell extension, although it cannot work with drop handlers.
Bug fix: Failure when dropping on a file with drop handler in local panel with disabled drag&drop shell extension.
Bug fix: Failure when running in a restricted environment. 1276
Bug fix: Confirmation button on Read to Install and Finished installing installer screens was incorrectly labeled Next.
Bug fix: Order of sessions in workspace with more than 10 sessions is not preserved. 1278
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server