From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Back-propagated some improvements and fixes from 5.6 - 5.6.2 beta releases:
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1i. Fixing several moderate severity security defects.
Workaround for ProFTPD/mod_sftp bug in SFTP space-available packet. 1184
Using Reverses Order of Symlink Command Arguments workaround for ProFTPD/mod_sftp. 1185
Workaround for Vandyke VShell incorrect announcement of checksum calculation support. 1190
Improved detection if user shall be offered external editor auto configuration.
Showing error details when logging to a file fails. 1198
Bug fix: If an INI file name is exactly winscp.ini, an INI file path on Preferences dialog is shown incorrectly.
Bug fix: Failure when processing results of upload in .NET assembly when a directory was created with explicitly set permissions as the first operation. 1188
Bug fix: Keyboard accelerators to mask boxes on Edit file mask dialog were not working.
Bug fix: Not possible to select/enter file name with Unicode characters in filename input boxes. 1195
Bug fix: Wrong “Timeout detected” message when FTP control connection is closed while transferring a file. 1197
Bug fix: Cannot retrieve file from root folder of FTP server. 1199
Bug fix: Mouse cursor of file list/directory tree splitter is not adjusted when Show directory tree left of file list preference option is enabled. 1200
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server