From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Changes in version 5.6.1 beta:
SFTP version 6 supported: 96
- Hardlinks can be created.
- Optimized directory reading and file downloading.
Allowed stored sites, including their names and initial directories, to preserve Unicode characters.
Workaround for Vandyke VShell incorrect announcement of checksum calculation support.
Workaround for Bitvise WinSSHD lack of SFTP extensions announcement.
Support for proprietary OpenSSH extension email@example.com for creating hardlinks.
Open command can open directories.
WinSCP can register to handle WinSCP-specific WebDAV URL addresses (winscp-http:// and winscp-https://).
Improved stack trace reporting for internal errors.
No showing suggestion to delete file in error when overwriting file on non-interactive displays.
Workaround for FTP servers that do not enclose path in response to PWD command in quotes.
Bug fix: Failure when opening SCP session.
Bug fix: Missing help link for Note page of Advanced Site Settings dialog.
Bug fix: Failure when processing results of upload in .NET assembly when a directory was created with explicitly set permissions as the first operation.
Bug fix: Wrong formatting of some error messages on log view of Keep remote directory up to date dialog with Continue on error option enabled.
Bug fix: Modified edited/opened remote files are incorrectly uploaded using an active session, instead of their original session.
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server