From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1f.
Showing delayed Progress window before any message box is displayed
Usability improvements to new Login dialog:
Consistently using Save caption for save button, even for new sites.
Using de-facto standard accelerator A for Save As command (also removes duplicity with Save command).
Explicit keyboard shortcut Alt+A for Save As command. 1006
When saving cloned site, offer folder and name (with unique suffix) of original site. 1105
Cloning to a new site when double-clicking site without host name specified. 1100
Selecting tab to the right after closing tab. 1102
When externally opening additional session in existing instance of WinSCP, bringing its window to front. 1098
Using same accelerator for Upload and Download commands
Default transfer setting preset can be duplicated.
Temporarily suspending countdown when moving mouse over message box with “timeout” button. 1107
Showing name of folder being calculated on Progress window before the calculation starts, not only after it has finished.
Widening default Progress column of background transfer queue list to fit “Connecting…” and “Calculating…” states.
Bug fix: Progress window is not shown for custom command launching long-lasting external process. 1101
Bug fix: Swapped local and remote Root directory command buttons. 1097
Bug fix: Drag&Drop menu on local panel loses focus when a change is detected in local drive. 1103
Bug fix: Duplicate accelerator between Edit and Download and Delete commands 1104 and Download and Delete.
Bug fix: Repeated attempt to immediately start “Keeping remote directory up to date” when prompt to perform prior full synchronization is canceled with /keepuptodate /defaults.
Bug fix: Preferred main window size is lost after command-line operation.
Bug fix: Invalid decoding of session URL with sequence of encoded characters that includes + or % encoded character on second or later place in the sequence. 1108
Bug fix: Background transfer queue progress was shown on main window title, when a dialog box was opened on top of it.
Bug fix: Some hint labels did not fit their caption, particularly with long translations.
Bug fix: Compare directory criterions do not save. 1110
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server