From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Back-propagated some improvements and fixes from 5.2.4 beta - 5.2.7 RC releases:
Logging warning when system option Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time is disabled.
Reduced chance of collision in .NET assembly session instance name in multi-threaded applications. 1055
Bug fix: Console input/output was not using UTF-8 encoding on Windows 8.
Bug fix: Connection gets aborted when TLS/SSL certificate uses ASN.1 GeneralizedTime format. 1044
Bug fix: Connection gets aborted without any feedback when TLS/SSL certificate cannot be decoded.
Bug fix: Failure when send buffer of FTP connection is temporarily full.
Bug fix: External changes to local directory are sometimes not shown on the local panel.
Bug fix: WinSCP child process was not terminated when process using WinSCP .NET assembly crashed. 1045
Bug fix: For various errors when cleaning up application configuration, a resource number was shown instead of an actual error message.
Bug fix: Directory listing was included in transfer error messages with FTP protocol.
Bug fix: Failure while (or after) creating directory during synchronized browsing. 1046
Bug fix: Directory masks in autoselection rule of transfer settings preset were not working.
Bug fix: Failure when manipulating location profiles folders. 1052
Bug fix: Up to one second delay for transfer of every file with FTP over TLS/SSL. 1058
Bug fix: Rare incorrect conversion of line endings. 1059
Bug fix: Timestamps of local files are not shifted when DST starts/finishes on Windows 2008 R2. 1060
Bug fix: File name was not shown on Progress window when deleting local files.
Bug fix: Error when downloading empty file/directory using FTPS via proxy. 1068
Bug fix: Suspend All and Resume all queue commands were not working unless any queue item had focus.
Bug fix: Color of a directory tree border was not updated in some cases.
Bug fix: Size of externally removed local selected files is detracted twice from total file size of selected files shown on status bar. 1073
Bug fix: Failure when disconnecting a session.
Bug fix: FTPS upload over proxy truncates files. 1092
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server