From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Bug fix: “Chokes on SSH-2 ignore messages” SSH bug was always on. 767
Back-propagated some improvements and fixes from 5.0.3 - 5.0.6 beta releases:
- All binaries are signed with Martin Prikryl publisher certificate. 505
- When script is aborted by the user, error exit code is used.
- Connect timeout is configurable.
- When renaming a folder within file panel, whole filename (including an extension) is always selected. 737
- In-application license text updated to GPLv3. 751
- Change: In mouse-only Explorer-style selection mode, single-file implicit mouse-selection is not preserved, when focus/selection is subsequently changed using keyboard.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.62. It brings following changes:
- Security fix: WinSCP no longer retains passwords in memory by mistake. password-not-wiped
- Bug fix: Spurious “Access denied” printed in the authentication window after GSSAPI failure. gssapi-access-denied
- Bug fix: 0.61-style Pageant did not work with 0.60-style WinSCP. pageant-backwards-compatibility
- Bug fix: Fixed parsing owner/group with modified ID on Properties dialog.
- Bug fix: When switching between session and shared bookmarks, path was not updated on the Open directory dialog.
- Bug fix: Internal “Operation aborted” errors were not suppressed for background transfers.
- Bug fix: Path label was not resized with larger shell font size.
- Bug fix: Default permissions for new remote directory did not include Execute right. 762
- Bug fix: Duplicate reconnect prompt when connection is lost, while transferring file in subdirectory.
- Bug fix: Error was signaled from script when connection stalled even when it was reconnected. 731
- Bug fix: Failure to locate GetUserNameEx. 734
- Bug fix: Records of files transferred within subdirectory were written at once, not continuously, in XML logging. 739
- Bug fix: In mouse-only Explorer-style selection mode, selection was not cleared after clicking outside of selection, after focus/selection was previously changed using keyboard.
- Bug fix: Session name was not preserved when duplicating session into a new window.
- Bug fix: Installer was not removing translations of previous versions on Windows 7.
- OpenCandy advertising module reintroduced to the installer. There™s also ad-free alternative installer available.
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server