From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Bug fix: Translations were not included in setup. 713
Bug fix: Versions of 3rd party components were not updated in translations. 715
Back-propagates some improvements and fixes from 5.0 - 5.0.2 beta releases:
- SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.0e.
- Explorer-style file selection with mouse is enabled by default in Commander interface. 718
- Starting renaming the next file after confirming rename with Tab key. 701
- Logging local account into session log. 709
- F10 key closes an internal editor. 711
- Installer without OpenCandy does not include OpenCandy licence anymore.
- Bug fix: Directory listing was shown as part of the file transfer error message with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Internal editor window is not restored when minimized when editing the already file again. 723
- Bug fix: Link to a parent directory is not read in an empty remote root folder. 706
- Bug fix: Failure when session is closed unexpectedly in scripting. 716
- Bug fix: Duplicate shortcut key in local Open directory window.
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server