From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* ZIP archive with both executables is released instead of just compressed EXE.
* Automatically named session is renamed when hostname and/or username is modified.
* When reading of file to be edited fails, empty internal editor is no longer shown.
* Forcing width of message box not to exceed screen width.
* Environment variables in path to private key file are resolved before passing it to PuTTY to open the session.
* WinSCP name is included in balloon notifications.
* Timezone offset can be set up to +/-25 hours.
* Setup does not query OpenCandy for ads when running silent install.
* Small visual changes for Windows 7.
* Being tolerant to FTP servers enclosing path in 257 response to single quotes.
* SSH core upgraded to the latest development snapshot of PuTTY (2010-01-17, revision 8846). Fixing memory leak.
* SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 0.9.8l.
* Bug fix: Bookmarks with equal sign in their name were not preserved when using INI file.
* Bug fix: Synchronize browsing failed, when entering local directory, while current remote path was root.
* Bug fix: Having higher logging level set decreased performance even when logging itself was disabled.
* Bug fix: Error when running ad hoc custom command.
* Bug fix: Tray icon was sometimes not removed when application closed.
* Bug fix: Navigation tree on Preferences dialog was corrupted sometimes.
* Bug fix: Memory leak while authenticating with private key.
* Bug fix: System date/time format was not followed on Windows 7. 537
* Bug fix: On some systems winscp.com did not find winscp.exe when executed from search path.
* Bug fix: Failure when connection was closed while Console window was opened.
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server