From Martin Prikryl
Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
* Graphical user interface
* Translated into several languages
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Explorer and Commander interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* Environment variable WINSCP_PATH pointing to path, where WinSCP executable file is located, is set on startup, so it can be used to configure portable paths relative to the WinSCP executable file.
* It is not possible to cancel master password prompt anymore, when saving session with passwords.
* Slash added to names of directories in search results to distinguish them from files.
* Keyboard shortcut for finding files changed to F3 in Explorer interface.
* Path is recorded in history after changing directory in console window.
* Replacing characters not allowed in local file names is taken into account with synchronized browsing.
* Merged error message and directory creation confirmation box into one, when synchronized browsing cannot find corresponding opposite directory.
* Synchronized browsing can handle change to different directory branch.
* Placed Use same options next time on synchronization dialog above transfer settings box to make it clear that transfer settings are not saved.
* SSH core upgraded to the latest development snapshot of PuTTY (2008-11-22, revision 8755). It does not bring any notable change.
* Bug fix: When master password changing was canceled, message informing about successful change appeared anyway.
* Bug fix: No help was associated with Security tab of Preferences dialog.
* Bug fix: Passwords in default session settings were not re-encrypted when master password was changed.
* Bug fix: Empty session password were in rare situation encrypted using master password, what caused seemingly useless prompts for master passwords.
* Bug fix: WinSCP did not offer to unset read-only flag when overwriting local files anymore.
* Bug fix: Error when downloading remote files from root directory into temporary local directory.
* Bug fix: Failure when retrying connect attempt after host is not resolved.
* Bug fix: Incorrect calculation of DST start/end date.
* Bug fix: Session data on Login dialog were overwritten when locale is changed.
* Bug fix: Error when moving local directory to remote side.
* Bug fix: Help for put scripting command incorrectly claimed that -append switch is valid for FTP protocol only.
* Bug fix: Ampersands (&) in names of transfer settings presets and custom commands were handled inconsistently.
* Bug fix: Excluding file from transfer did not prevent access to the file.
* Bug fix: Error when daylight saving is not properly configured in Windows.
* Bug fix: Shell icon for stored session in folder could not be created.
SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server