From Qbik New Zealand
WinGate Proxy Server is a sophisticated integrated Internet gateway and communications server designed to meet the control, security and communications needs of today's businesses. In addition to a comprehensive range of features, WinGate Proxy Server's license options provide you the flexibility to match your needs to your budget, whether you need to manage an enterprise, small business, or home network.
WinGate Proxy Server allows you to:
- Provide secure and managed Internet access for your entire network via a single or multiple shared internet connections
- Enforce advanced and flexible access-control and acceptable use policies
- Monitor usage in real time, and maintain per-user and per-service audit logs.
- Stop viruses, spam and inappropriate content from entering your network
- Provide comprehensive internet and intranet email services.
- Protect your servers from internal or external threats.
- Improve network performance and responsiveness with web and DNS caching
- Ease administration burdens on your internal networks.
Using WinGate Proxy Server to actively manage the use of your Internet and network resources can provide many benefits, including:
- Improved Employee productivity
- Fix: WinGate UDB, issue when host computer is renamed (causes Administrator to lose group membership and password)
- Fix: WinGate Management: issue where WinGate management would crash if the WinGate service was disconnected while WinGate management had the tasks, navigation, or help panels undocked.
- Fix: WinGate Management: issue where services panel would lock up on service control (start/stop). Issue was introduced by changes to UI framework DLL in 7.2.4.
- Fix: Mail out of office reply, now honours X-Auto-Response-Suppress, which will prevent looping auto-replies to WinGate, Exchange server and other compliant servers.
- Change: SMTPMessage object now has access to other headers than just to, from and subject in script.
- Change: WinGate Management: added info column to services panel showing port numbers for services.