Winamp Main Window
* Winamp 5.5 features our new Bento Skin that's easier to use and more powerful than ever.
* Easily access the Media Library, Playlist Editor, Video, Visualizations, Media Monitor Browser, EQ, Skin Options and Color Themes all from one single user interface.
* Includes over 20 color themes that suit nearly every mood or occasion!
* Winamp 5.5 carries forward the unobtrusive "Window Shade" mode.
Winamp Playlist Editor
* Drag and drop media directly into a Playlist from Windows Explorer or the Media Library
* Jump directly to an item within the list by double clicking it or selecting the item and pressing Enter
* Sort Playlists by title, file name, or path and file name
* Easily Open and Save Playlists from the Manage Playlist button
* Organize and find your favorite songs and videos in ONE place
* Rip your favorite music CDs into AAC, MP3, WMA, WAV or FLAC (Ripping limited to ~6x speeds for free users. MP3 encoding is only available in Winamp Pro)
* Burn your favorite music compilations to Audio CD (limited to 2x speed for free users)
* Media Library "Smart Views" allow you to easily create rule based lists of your media
* Easily modify your music collections
* Improved: [in_wave/libsndfile] Added AIF to default extension list
* Improved: [ml_plg] Localization of playlist names & various other tweaks
* Fixed: Win2k compatibility (caused by 5.6-specific DLL load vuln fix)
* Fixed: [in_midi] Security vulnerability (thanks: Morten @ kryptoslogic)
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Querying endoffset metadata for iTunes gapless playback
* Fixed: [pmp_ipod] Sync and Eject issues
* Fixed: [pmp_ipod] Compilation flag when Album Artist is "Various Artists"
* Fixed: [pmp_wifi] Crash when devices.w5s missing
* Misc: Made installer disable incompatible 3rd-party gen_lyrics plugin
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations