VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
It doesn't need any external codec or program to work.
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing subpicture blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for colorspace conversion, including 10bits.
- New video outputs for Windows 7, Android, iOS and OS/2.
- New debanding, grain, denoising and anti-flickering filters.
- New deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- New resamplers for higher quality audio.
- New dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
- Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
- New audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp...
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android
New capabilities for libVLC:
# Adjust video filter control: libvlc_adjust_Enable,
# libvlc_adjust_Contrast, libvlc_adjust_Brightness, libvlc_adjust_Hue,
# libvlc_adjust_Saturation, libvlc_adjust_Gamma
# libvlc_media_player_set_pause() can force the pause state, whereas
# libvlc_media_player_pause() would only toggle it.
# libvlc_set_user_agent() configures the "user agent" strings used for some
# protocols (HTTP, PulseAudio...). This replaces the --http-user-agent and
# the former --user-agent libvlc_new() parameters.
# libvlc_video_set_callbacks() and libvlc_video_set_format() allow grabbing
# video frames from a chosen memory location in real-time. This replace the
# ugly --vmem-* libvlc_new() parameters in previous versions.
# See http://wiki.videolan.org/LibVLC_SampleCode_SDL as an example.
# libvlc_audio_get_delay() and libvlc_audio_set_delay() configure the delay
# between audio and video/subpictures for the current input.
# Various fixes and crash preventions, especially when video functions were
# called early
# Fix performance issues with GPU decoding using DxVA2 using ATI graphic cards
# You NEED ATI Catalyst 10.7
# Fix :program selection in TS and DVB-T
# Fixes and improvements for MKV, Avformat and Avcodec modules
# Fix mod (.xm, .s3m, .it) files support on Windows and Mac builds
# Fix h264 streaming in ts
# Qt: fix preferences, hotkeys, messages and some fulscreen behaviour
# Skins: support for mousewheel in fullscreen, fix radialsliders
# Http: fix fullscreen toggle
# Activation of DEP on XP SP3
# Fix opening of .m3u and .pls playlists
# Fix crash when My Document isn't available
# Fix crash when Windows was getting into standby while playing video
# Update translations for Spanish, Polish, German, Sinhala, Hungarian, Khmer,
# Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Hebrew, Slovak, Galician