From Ludvig Strigeus
uTorrent is a feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 22.214.171.124 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it were not there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. µTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't
- Feature: Add a dont-show-me-this-again check-box to virus warning and plus promo
- Fix: GUI refresh issue (torrents sometimes would not show up)
- Fix issues with torrent autoload dir (slow loading and reset when disabled).
- Fix: auto-shutdown quit the client instead of shutting down the system
- Fix: Don't delete settings when "Remove settings" in uninstall dialog is unchecked
Windows 95 users need to install the Winsock2 Update from Microsoft for µTorrent to work correctly.