From Dmitri Arkhangelski
UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
Also one of the primary goals of the UltraDefrag design is doing the job as fast as possible.
UltraDefrag has the following features:
- Currently FAT, exFAT and NTFS are supported.
- Defragmentation of files and folders including system files and file system meta files.
- Full optimization of the drive, which processes all files despite of their fragmentation.
- Quick optimization of the drive, which mainly processes fragmented files.
- MFT optimization, which processes the MFT only.
- Filtering of files to process by name, fragment count and size.
- Drive processing can be interrupted automatically after a defined amount of time.
- User defined log file creation, which highly simplifies reporting bugs.
- Drives needed to be checked by CHKDSK are excluded.
Graphical User Interface:
- Graphical display of the drives cluster map.
- Modern design with menus and tool bar.
- The hight of the drives list can be adjusted.