From Iain Dodsworth
TweetDeck is your personal real-time browser, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Google Buzz and more.
Instead of a single timeline, TweetDeck allows you to create columns of specific content that interests you most (pictured below). You can create a column that shows all your mentions, the results of a search query, a list of Favorites, the latest Tweets from a hashtag or Trend... the possibilities are nearly endless!
- Simply add a column by clicking Add Column in the top navigation bar, which will open a menu that allows selection of several column types
- Once you™ve created a column, you can click Back to add another column or click the [x] in the top right corner to close the menu
If you find you have lots of unwanted updates about a topic filling up your columns, you can use the global filter to remove any content you're just not that interested in. You can use this to filter out specific twitter accounts, services, or even hashtags like #sxsw.
To create a global filter:
- Click the settings icon (looks like a gear cog) in the far right corner of the top navigation bar and select Settings
- Select Global Filter
- Choose your filter
* UPDATED: Improved internal handling of Deck.ly URLs
* FIXED: Clearing data in bit.ly account fields does not remove bit.ly account link