Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Engine - a powerful text-processing engine that combines 100+ conversion, translation and filtering operations on multiple text or binary files. Update web site text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching and edit-distance matching, and search/replace lists loaded from Excel/CSV/Tab files. Convert files from foreign computer systems between mainframe fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. Filters can split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, word wrap, convert between ASCII and EBCDIC, OEM and ANSI, Unicode and ANSI, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, extract email addresses, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more. Restrict changes to line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc).
TextPipe can be fully automated via a web page, the
* Capture Text, Break on Value Change window now shows length of strings and current cursor position.
* Updated internal PCRE (Pattern Matching ) engine to v8.13 and support for Unicode 6.0.0.
* Updated Unicode internal libraries to support Unicode 4.1 for Normalization etc.
* COM callees are now notified of Stack violations (e.g. during pattern execution) or other critical errors via the existing 'FilterWindow.errorText' variable.
* Only modified files are added back into Zip files such as .zip, .docx, .xlsx and .pptx.