Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Engine - a powerful text-processing engine that combines 100+ conversion, translation and filtering operations on multiple text or binary files. Update web site text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching and edit-distance matching, and search/replace lists loaded from Excel/CSV/Tab files. Convert files from foreign computer systems between mainframe fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. Filters can split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, word wrap, convert between ASCII and EBCDIC, OEM and ANSI, Unicode and ANSI, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, extract email addresses, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more. Restrict changes to line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc).
TextPipe can be fully automated via a web page, the
* Added .ODT as a compressed file type so that OpenDocument documents can be handled just like Office .DOCX format compressed XML files.
* New Files to Process field to load files from a list file (note - this ability was already available from the command line with /L= and from COM via addFileList).
* The Replace List filter now has a button to paste a list from the clipboard.
* Added new exit code of 255 for abnormal termination due to textpipe.exe being killed or an unexpected error.
* Deferred hooking into Windows HTML help system for faster startup.
* Migration of filters from Pro to Standard, and Casing filters from Standard to Lite.