What is StrongDC++ ???
StrongDC++ is a client for sharing files in Direct Connect network. It is modification of program DC++ and it brings many news and features from other modification. Since DC++ is developed under GNU/GPL, you can download source and modify it.
StrongDC++ has been to designed to share a legal material only! Program developer isn't responsible for activities which the users use this software to.
Safe segmented downloading
Download one file from more users simultaneously without corruption! This way of downloading dramatically improves download speed, especially for fast connections, and it's safer than classical downloading. Segment position and size are decided by file size and chunks speed.
Partial file sharing
Allows downloading and uploading parts of file which is being currently downloaded by you or other users. This increases download speed and file expanding over network.
Download/Upload speed limiter
Avoids a full line usage and leaves some speed for web browsing. Realize, that download speed limit is dependent on upload speed limit which is dependent on amount of opened slots/hubs.
Automatic slow downloads disconnecting
Disconnects sources who speed
* fixed upload connection tokens (grant extra slot, upload queue etc.)
* added cheating string for old clients
* get full list when partial one is not available
* fix round-off issue when segmented downloads are disabled (DC++ BZR)
* fix crash on too many connections (DC++ BZR)
* fixed slots info in ADC hubs
* fixed info update on limiter change from toolbar
* improved manual searching for something planned for autosearch
* using OpenSSL with disabled TLS extension
* better hub detection for client-to-client connections
* hopefully fixed extra slot issues
* upload queue position and TLS connections are enabled in spite of stealth mode
* implemented DHT search engine
* rewritten bandwidth limiter
* some other changes, fixes, memory optimizations etc.