From Gammadyne Corporation
String-O-Matic performs search and replace operations with multiple strings in multiple files. It was designed specifically for computer programmers working on large projects with many source code files, however any type of file can be used, including HTML. Search and replace operations can also be performed on filenames (mass renaming). A detailed log is kept of every string that is found and replaced. Case-insensitive, whole-word, command line, and wildcard searches are supported. String-O-Matic is a professional, rock solid program - don\'t trust your files to anything less!
* Not only can search and replace operations be performed on the contents of one or more files, but on their filenames as well. This is very useful for the automated mass renaming of files.
* The \"Whole Word\" option can be used to ignore matches that occur inside a word. For example, \"amp\" would be ignored if found in \"example\".
* The question mark and asterisk \"wildcards\" are optionally supported in search and replace strings.
* The search-only option allows you to preview the changes before they are made.
* Permits case-sensitive or case-insensitive searches.
* Optional \"Prompt on replace\" mode supported.
Search and replace feature is disabled in shareware version.