The Spiceworks IT Desktop delivers nearly everything you need to simplify your IT job. Designed for small and medium-sized businesses, Spiceworks' single, easy-to-use interface combines Network Inventory, Help Desk, Mapping, Reporting, Monitoring and Troubleshooting. And, it connects you with other IT pros to share ideas, solve problems and decide what additional features you need in Spiceworks.
And, the best part? It's free, thanks to top technology vendors that sponsor Spiceworks. After all, you should spend your money on cool new hardware and software for your company, not expensive management tools!
Read on to learn more about how Spiceworks can free you from daily IT hassles.
Inventory Everything on Your Network
Inventory all of your hardware and software and other assets you care about.
* Discover the Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs and servers, routers, printers and any other IP-based devices on your network.
* Gather all of their relevant technical data plus the software, patches and services on each machine.
* Add important data such as the number of licenses you have, the purchase price and physical location.
* Keep track of other assets such as mobile phones and even office furniture. All without agents.
* Store all inventory information locally and securely on your network - so there's no concern about sensitive data flying across the Internet.
Run an IT Help Desk
If you've never used a help desk, Spiceworks will allow you to more easily manage your daily projects and user-requests - all from one interface. And if you already know how much easier a help desk can make your life, you'll be amazed how easy Spiceworks is to get up and running!
* Create a ticket in one-click if you discover an asset that requires your attention while browsing your network in Spiceworks.
* Let your clients submit tickets with attachments to you via email or the Web and then allow them to view the status of those tickets online.
* Manage tickets from anywhere using your mobile device and handy hashmark commands.
* Customize an IT portal for your users including your companys brand and helpful info such as maintenance schedules, knowledge articles and FAQs.
* Assign tickets across your IT team, attach them to hardware on your network and manage your projects.
* Easily run reports on your tickets so you can see things like due dates and which assets (or even departments!) cause you the most issues.
Monitor Your Network for Trouble
Stay in-step with what's happening on your network using the Spiceworks IT Desktop.
* See and set up alerts for Windows events that occur across your environment - so you can easily detect, diagnose and troubleshoot issues that disrupt your network.
* Automatically identify PCs and servers with low disk space, the presence of unwanted software on your network,