From SoftPerfect Research
SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and several advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users who are interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
* Pings computers.
* Does not require administrative privileges.
* Detects hardware (MAC) addresses even across routers.
* Detects hidden shared folders (normally invisible on the network) and write accessible shares.
* Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
* Scans for listening TCP ports and SNMP services.
* Retrieves currently logged-on users.
* You can mount and explore network resources.
* Can launch external third party applications.
* Exports results to
* Now using a different method to obtain a list of authorised DHCP servers from AD. This should eliminate an obscure crash when doing DHCP discovery.
* Showing a list of all AD-authorised DHCP servers under replied DHCP servers.
* Added support for multiple communities within a single SNMP query.
* Added an option to display replied community when for a SNMP query.
* Added a few more default WMI queries to retrieve system part number, model name, serial number and asset tag.
* Filter now applies to off-line devices as well (previously applied to on-line devices only).