From Ricardo Villalba
It uses the award-winning MPlayer as playback engine which is capable of playing most video and audio formats (avi, mkv, wmv, mp4, mpeg...). It uses its own codecs, so you don't need to install any codec packs.
One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...
Some other interesting features:
* Complete preferences dialog, where you can change the key shortcuts, colors and fonts of the subtitles, and many more.
* Filters. Many video and audio filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise... and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
* Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video. The mouse buttons can also be customized.
* Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
* Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X... and even in slow motion.
* Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
* Advanced options,