SharePoint Column/View Permission can hide SharePoint columns/list views and make SharePoint columns READ-ONLY. SharePoint default permission scheme does not define permissions on SharePoint columns/list views. Based on your configuration of Column/View Permission, it can implement SharePoint column permissions and SharePoint view permissions in lists dynamically.
SharePoint Column View Permission allows SharePoint Administrators to hide SharePoint Columns or set them as read-only to certain viewers.
1. SharePoint columns can be hidden to some users/groups if you set INVISIBLE columns for them:
* The contents of this column will be HIDDEN to him/her in item display form or edit form;
* List views which contain SharePoint hidden columns are also invisible to him/her and cannot be selected by him/her in View Select Menu.
2. SharePoint users/groups have NO EDIT permission to some columns if you set SharePoint read only column:
* The contents of this column will be read-only to him/her in item edit form;
* List views, which contain this SharePoint read only column, cannot be switched to datasheet view or edited in MS Access, as the menu items in Actions Menu will be hidden to him /her.
SharePoint View Permission allows SharePoint
30 days trial