From NirSoft Freeware
SearchMyFiles is an alternative to the standard "Search For Files And Folders" module of Windows. It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content (text or binary search), and by the file size. SearchMyFiles allows you to make a very accurate search that cannot be done with Windows search. For Example: You can search all files created in the last 10 minutes with size between 500 and 700 bytes.
After you made a search, you can select one or more files, and save the list into text/html/csv/xml file, or copy the list to the clipboard.
SearchMyFiles is portable, and you can use it from a USB flash drive without leaving traces in the Registry of the scanned computer.
Here's a small explanation about all available search options:
* Base Folder: Specifies the folder that you want to scan. if Scan Subfolders option is also checked, all subfolders under this folder will also be scanned. You can also specift multiple folders, delimited by semicolon. For example: c:temp;d:myfolder;d:nirsoft
* Excluded Folders: Allows you to specify one or more folders (delimited by semicolon) that you want to exclude from the scan. For example: If you want to scan you entire
* Added /StartSearch command-line option, which allows you to start a search without displaying the Search Options window.
* The Browse button of Base Folders and Excluded Folders in the Search Options window now allows you to add more than one folder, when one or more folders are already listed in the text-box.
* Added File Position and File Content columns for file content search. When the File Contains field is not None (text or binary), the File Position column displays the position (in bytes) that the data was found, and the File Content column displays the characters around the found text/binary data.