From Rickard Johansson
J TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. The functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates and more. The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files.
Below is a small list of features available in the program.
* Auto completion.
* Code folding.
* Column mode.
* Multi edit and multi select
* Advanced sorting.
* Handles both ASCII and binary files.
* Html wizards.
* Use TopStyle Lite as your CSS editor if installed.
* FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
* File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
* Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
* Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
* Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
* Unicode file paths and file names.
* Html validation, format and repair.
* Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap
Keyboard and text input:
- This should solve issues with some keyboards (Unicode).
- Some IME issues are fixed.
- External tools trying to insert text should work better now.
- Added an context menu item, in the search result view, to open all files in the current search.
- The replace confirmation dialog is now soundless.
- The "search from" option is now saved between sessions.
- Made some minor changes to where a replace (all) starts if an expression is already selected.
- Changed where "Find All" start if a text is selected and you search from "Cursor".
- Fixed an "continue search" issue when nothing is found.
- Added two new context menu items to the document tab. "Close all tabs before/after this document".
- Tabs are organized better if the tab row is scrollable and a tab is closed.
- Some more information is displayed if the key is already assigned. This makes it easier to find the action the shortcut is assigned too.
- CPU issue with read-only files.
- User clipboard issues.
- Auto save should only save modified files.
- Chrome preview of php files using mappings.
- Sort would include a line if the cursor was on it at position 0, but not selected.
- The number of files you can execute from Explorer context menu should have increased now.
- Fixed several issues mentioned in the forum.
- Many other small issues where fixed as well.