From Rickard Johansson
J TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. The functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates and more. The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files.
Below is a small list of features available in the program.
* Auto completion.
* Code folding.
* Column mode.
* Multi edit and multi select
* Advanced sorting.
* Handles both ASCII and binary files.
* Html wizards.
* Use TopStyle Lite as your CSS editor if installed.
* FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
* File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
* Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
* Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
* Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
* Unicode file paths and file names.
* Html validation, format and repair.
* Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap
XML and HTML Code Explorer Tree
I've added a new tab on the code explorer page with a tree view for XML and HTML tags.
* The tree have the same functionality as the class method lists. Tags are updated as you type, the current tag is selected in the tree and you can click on an item to navigate to that tag.
* The correct tab should be opened automatically, in most cases. Tree view for XML and HTML files + script files containing HTML tags (PHP,ASP...). Otherwise the class/method/function view is opened.
* The current tab view is remembered for each document throughout a session.
* Added some options for the tree view behavior.
CSS and the Code Explorer
CSS properties are now displayed properly in the code explorer.
Replaced the tree view with a faster one. Projects are opened about 20 times faster. Also fixed some issues.
Search result view
Replaced the search result tree for a faster one. Adding search results to the new tree is about 20 times faster than before.
Made a small change to the sorting function to use natural sorting order.
View/Hide Main Toolbar
Added a menu item to view or hide the main toolbar.
Updated the HTML tree in the quickbar to include HTML 5 tags. All tree data are now loaded from XML files in the "\Data" folder.
* Fixed flickering with auto close braces/blocks.
* Made some minor changes to the clipboard functions that may solve some issues.
* Fixed several code explorer issues with HTML, ASP and PHP files.
* Fixed some issues in the class view.
* Added a standard scrollbar context menu.
* fixed several issues reported in the forum.